The information contained herein is being provided in conjunction with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) price transparency requirements.
By January 1, 2021, all hospitals will be required to create and maintain a public list of their standard charges in order to comply with the new hospital price transparency requirements under section 2718(e) of the Public Health Service Act. These regulations are part of CMS’ Price Transparency initiative aimed to make pricing information available to patients. This will allow individuals to calculate their out-of-pocket costs and understand their financial obligations before they receive health care services.
Price Transparency Resources
- Final Rule
- FAQs (PDF)
- 8 Steps to a Machine-Readable File (PDF)
- 10 Steps to a Consumer-Friendly Display (PDF)
- Quick Reference Checklists (PDF)
Current Medicare Deductibles
- $1,438 out of pocket before insurance picks up.
- Co-insurance $352 per patient day after 30 days of hospitalization occur.
- Lifetime days deductible is $704 per patient day after being hospitalized greater than 90 days.
- Learn More About Deductibles
Please be aware that deductibles and out of pocket expenses may not be covered by your current insurance provider. Calling your insurer is always a good idea to get a general idea of your out-of-pocket costs. Your insurer can help you understand how your coverages and deductibles work, as well as your current payment history, as an essential first step. Please do not hesitate to call our business office as well for an independent consultation for any questions related to your admission. We can be reached at (601) 786-3401.