Current Visitation Policy
Visitation policies have changed at our hospital and behavioral unit due to COVID-19.
Please protect the health and safety of our patients and employees by adhering to the following guidelines:
All visitors are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and required to wear masks. Visitors are asked to remain in the room with the patient and limit travel inside the hospital to the cafeteria and vending machine areas.
Please note: Minors currently are not permitted to visit in our hospital.
Specifics for each patient area include:
- Inpatients:Patient may have one designated visitor during their stay.
- Isolation patients, including suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patients:Visitation is limited to one visitor who is essential to the patient’s care. If visitation is allowed, the visitor should remain in the room and wear appropriate PPE.
- Emergency department patients:One designated visitor per patient.
- Ambulatory and outpatients:Visitation is limited to one visitor who is determined to be essential to the patient’s care.
- Patients with disabilities:Provisions will be made to ensure designated support persons are authorized to stay and/or visit patients with disabilities.
Updated October 14, 2020
Jefferson County Hospital reserves the right to amend this visitation policy as necessary at any time without prior notice.